Sunday, January 10, 2010

Exotic Wood Cigar Stands

Now here is an easy one that anybody with a table saw and some sandpaper can do in their garage. I got my hands on some really beautiful Peruvian hardwoods at the wood store but it wasn't huge pieces. I thought and thought about what I could do with it and I came up with these little beauties. I ended up with about a dozen in each wood. I plan on gifting them out to some of the awesome brothers on my cigar community; BOTL.org.

Here is the trio of stands finished out.



From left to right: Purple Heart, Bloodwood, and Yellow Heart.

These pictures do not do the look of the wood much justice, as anyone who works with wood will tell you. The natural shimmer and variations of these exotic woods is just sublime.

Here's the breakdown. Start with 2 inch by 3 inch blocks. In these cases, I used quarter inch thick boards. Cut a notch about an inch from the top and slide the two slabs together. Here's a stand taken apart:




And then put together on its side:







A close-up of each stand for grainy goodness!

Purple Heart:



Bloodwood:



Yellow Heart:



Some of you might be interested in some "action shots." I aim to please! Here are a couple in action.

How about a Tatuaje Drac nestled in a Bloodwood holder? Oh yessss:



Or a Liga Privada T-52 in a Yellow Heart cradle?




These were a lot of fun to knock out, and I have some buddies who can put them to good use. A nice feature is how they pull apart and can go right in a bag or pocket and then slide together at the scene of the crime.

If you're interested in getting your hands on one of these, shoot me a comment or an email and we can make the magic happen.

As always, interpid reader, thanks for checking in. See you next time.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Very clever, bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home