Thursday, January 07, 2010

Custom cedar wineador trays for my friend Dan

As promised, here is a breakdown of the trays I built as a second run for my BOTL friend Dan.

These came together for less than 60 dollars for materials for all four.



Dan wanted something more drawer-like so  I made some basic modifications to my original design. Added some runners that would fit into the stock wine rack grooves, and Viola! Trays become drawers. Dan's drawers were a little bit taller than my trays and totally custom for his Vinotemp 12 bottle fridge.

Here's how the capacity turned out:




And here are the drawers installed in his Vinotemp:




Notice the woodburning and even how cool they look behind the tinted glass doors:




I am willing to make these for other folks if there is interest. It can take a couple of days or even a couple of weeks depending on my day job workload, but shoot me a comment and we'll work out something.

Thanks for checking back. See you next time!

1 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work man. I just joined BOTL.org and saw your post. Been around CW for a few years. I'm in the area so maybe we'll do a smoke sometime.
Cheers,
Kevin aka zonie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home